Utility Bill COVID-19 Customer Support Program
The City of West Richland is taking the following steps to provide utility bill relief during the COVID-19 emergency:
- Past Due Fees: Utility billing staff will still be generating past due notices, however no fee is associated with them. Sending out notices is an important City internal control step and gives customers the opportunity to contact us if there may be an issue.
- Water Shut-Off: During the COVID-19 emergency, the City will not be shutting water off for non-payment as required by the Governor's Proclamation.
- Short-Term Assistance: The City has a promissory option available to residential customers which extends their payment due date to the 15th of the following month. The deferral fee is waived during the COVID-19 emergency. Typically, there is an annual limit on the number of promissory notes that can be completed during a calendar year. During the COVID-19 emergency customers may have unlimited promissory arrangements.
- Flexible Long-Term Assistance: Residential customers struggling to make their payment due to COVID-19 can enter into a long-term payment arrangement with the City. All interest and adminitration fees associated with a payment arrangement are waived during the emergency.
- Business Support: Commercial utility customers temporarily closed due to COVID-19 can submit a temporary discontinue service application to stop services for Water, Sewer, and Garbage. Disconnect and reconnect fees will be waived for those requests made during business hours.
NOTE: Customers must have water disconnected in order to disconnect sewer and garbage service. If the customer is not supplied by the City water service, a temporary disconnect would not be applicable.
In addition to theoptions we have listed above, Washington State Department of Social & Health Services has a Disaster Cash Assistance Program. More details on the program can be found at the DSHS website here.
We are here to help. Utility customers struggling to make their utility payments are encouraged to reach out to the City's utility billing team. Staff can be reached by phone during business hours at (509) 967-3431 Option 4 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online Payments Website
Welcome to our new utility billing system! Thank you for your patience during this transition. To utilize this new system, follow these steps:
- Register a new account with Municipal Online Services (Register)
- Activate your account via the registration confirmation e-mailed to you from Municipal Online Services. Please be sure to check your Spam or Junk folder if you don't see the confirmation come through.
- Add your utility account(s). You will be asked to provide your new account number and last payment amount. If this is your first billing, enter 0 for the payment amount. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Other Methods of Payment
In addition to our online payment system, we offer several other ways to make your payment:
- In person at the Municipal Services Facility with cash, check, money order, cashier's check, or credit/debit card.
- Set up automatic bank draft with the City's SmartPay program. E-mail inquiries to our utilities department: email@example.com
- Place payment in the drop box located in the Municipal Services Facility parking lot. Do not leave cash in the drop box.
- Remit payment via mail to: 3100 Belmont Blvd West Richland, WA 99353